Suspect dead, 2 critically injured in Md. shooting


A 38-year-old Navy medic shot and critically injured two men Tuesday morning at a business park in Frederick, after which the suspect was shot dead by personnel at a nearby Maryland military base, the city police department said.

"We have two different scenes", Lando said.

The Navy did not release further details.

Both men who were shot in Frederick were flown by helicopter to the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore and are in critical condition at the facility's Shock Trauma Center, Lando said.

When Woldesenbet arrived at a Fort Detrick checkpoint he initially stopped and Army officials attempted to confirm his identity.

Brigadier General Michael J. Talley said Woldesenbet drove to the base after the initial shooting at the office park and sped past the gate before he could be searched.

The first shooting happened at the Riverside Tech park, about 4 miles from Fort Detrick.

India's new daily COVID-19 cases surpass 100,000 for first time
The Prime Minister directed that central expert teams to be sent to Maharashtra in view of surge in cases and deaths. A few days ago the Prime Minister had agreed to Thackeray's demand of vaccinating those above the age of 45 years.

'It wasn't that long before he came through the gate. "Not even a quarter of a mile". Police confirmed there was only one suspect, he said.

The New York Times explained police department spokesman Allen Etzler indicated the two victims had "life-threatening" injuries.

Just after 9am, police tweeted that they were responding to "an active shooter in the 8400 block of Progress Drive". "It's tragic", Lando told reporters, acknowledging the frequency with which public shootings have been reported.

"It's happening too frequently", he said. "And now it's happening in our backyards".

Jeremy Mutschler, director of marketing for Nicolock Paving Stones, said that his understanding is that the shooting was near the company's Frederick location but not at the business itself.

Lando said he didn't know why the suspect opened fire at the business or subsequently went to Fort Detrick.

The suspect was a Navy hospital corpsman, the US Navy said on Twitter.