Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Ontario

Share

Both were rolled back over the weekend.

The restrictions ban residents from gathering with people outside of their household and prohibit most outdoor activities, even limiting outdoor gatherings among people from the same household.

For example, by taking their children to an outdoor playground. Of course, social distancing and face masks are still required.

"We have implemented the strictest measures in all of North America", Ford said at a press conference. "But we have never shied away from doing what's necessary".

The Ontario government rejected efforts to support essential workers with paid sick leave Monday while admitting its now-reversed moves to close playgrounds and grant police sweeping enforcement powers had been a mistake.

Under the stay-at-home order, everyone is required to stay home except for essential purposes, including going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health-care services (including getting vaccinated), for outdoor exercise or for work that can not be done remotely.

Biden keeps Trump's record-low cap on refugees
That statement came just hours after Menendez reminded Biden that there are "29.6 million refugees worldwide". Most of the refugees are from Africa and fleeing armed conflict or political persecution.

"Effective Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., police officers and other provincial offences officers will have the authority to require any individual to provide their home address and goal for not being at their residence".

Health experts and advocates have been calling on the government to bring in paid sick days and shut down non-essential workplaces for weeks, saying the measures could help the province fight soaring COVID-19 cases that are threatening to overwhelm the healthcare system.

In fact, 39 out of the 45 police agencies throughout Ontario said they would not enforce the restrictions by conducting random stops, the Post Millennial reported.

"Yesterday I spoke with Premier Furey from Newfoundland, Premier King from P.E.I. and Premier Rankin from Nova Scotia", said Trudeau in the video.

As part of the Ford government's enhanced stay-at-home measures, non-essential travel into Ontario from Manitoba and Quebec is restricted and a person may be stopped by police who may ask questions as to their objective for coming into the province.

Additionally, Premier Ford tweeted out this afternoon that "Our regulations will be amended to allow playgrounds but gatherings outside will still be enforced".

Share