Melissa Caddick: Missing fraud suspect's foot found on Australian beach


The remains were found by campers on Bournda Beach on NSW's South Coast. "You can survive without your foot", she told Weekend Today.

'Melissa's family were informed of the identification last night and are obviously distressed, ' assistant commissioner Mick Willing said.

"We have kept an open mind, however, given the circumstances of her disappearance, the fact she left personal belongings behind, we have always considered the possibility that she may have taken her own life, but that is a matter for the coroner".

The grisly discovery was made by a group of campers who found the remains of a foot inside a shoe that had washed up on the beach.

ASIC agents and police raid Caddick's home.

Ms Caddick, 49, disappeared early on 12 November a year ago, a day after federal police raided her home in the wealthy Sydney suburb of Dover Heights.

She was forced to hand over her passports and had her bank accounts frozen.

Her son told police he heard her leaving the house in activewear for what he believed to be a morning run around 5.30am but CCTV cameras from surrounding homes failed to locate her.

Investigations have not been able to determine when she entered the water, but her foot was found dry and decompressed. But they suspect Ms Caddick died by suicide.

The majority of her alleged victims were family members and long-standing friends, none of whom had any idea up until recently that they were being fleeced of millions of dollars.

Police and SES crew search the rocky shoreline around Mollymook
Human remains were found in Mollymook on Friday night

The ASIC investigation will remain ongoing, assistant commissioner Willing confirmed, stating investors are still being interviewed.

Ms Caddick has been accused of swindling dozens of clients out of millions of dollars through her finance business Maliver Pty Ltd to fund her lavish lifestyle, which featured luxury holidays and designer jewellery.

Ms Caddick, 49, disappeared on November 12 previous year after leaving her home for what her husband believed was a morning run at 5.30am.

Melissa Caddick was last seen on November 12 a year ago, when she left home at 5.30am for what her husband believed was a morning run.

Investigators had combed through hours of CCTV footage but were yet to find any sign of the Sydney mother.

Associate Professor of Criminology, Dr Xanthe Mallett, said if more remains aren't discovered then the possibility of Ms Caddick being alive shouldn't be ruled out.

Bruce Gleeson and Daniel Soire, of Jones Partners, were appointed as provisional liquidators of Maliver and as receivers of her property in December.

It took five days for DNA results from Ms Caddick's foot to come back and it is understood a similar timeframe is expected for the latest remains.

It has since been revealed that Caddick ran a Ponzi scheme in which she transferred investor's money from her business into her personal accounts instead of investing the funds.

3-month gap between Oxford vaccine jabs provides better efficacy
Police in northern Mexico arrested six people Wednesday for allegedly trafficking in fake coronavirus vaccines. Professor Pollard said: "It is important to understand whether vaccines can reduce Covid-19 transmission".