The Indian army described the clash at Naku La as "a minor face off" and said it "was resolved by local commanders as per established protocols".
Indian and Chinese troops have fought a new brawl on their contested Himalayan border, leaving injuries on both sides, military officials said Monday. Like the earlier round, the Indian side will be led by Lt. Gen. PGK Menon, 14 Corps Commander. India has told China that it will talk about all flash points and not just about the South bank of Pangong Tso where the Indian Army occupied strategic heights in August in a surprise move.
The latest round of Corps Commander talks came more than two months after the eighth round was held on November 6 between the two Commanders.
Up to 10,000 troops have been withdrawn from the rear areas by China since the onset of winters.
Tensions between the two countries began in April-May a year ago when New Delhi detected incursions by Chinese troops in Ladakh along with a massive deployment of Chinese military personnel.
Google threatens to disable search in Australia if media law passes
The knock-on effect could be other countries becoming emboldened to follow the Australian government in passing new, similar laws. No one pays to include a hyperlink in an email, and so websites and search engines do not pay to provide links to other websites.
According to unconfirmed sources, the clash resulted in injuries on both sides, though the exact detail is yet to be known.
Last month, India and China held another round of diplomatic talks under the framework of Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination (WMCC) on India-China border affairs.
On June 15, 2020, India lost 20 soldiers during a violent clash at Galwan Valley with Chinese People's Liberation Army soldiers.
Because India has urged China for "complete disengagement and de-escalation" at all the face-off sites in eastern Ladakh. The military commanders will convey the details of the meeting to the Prime Minister Office. Instead, India in all the rounds held so far stuck to its stand that China had to first withdraw its troops from all the friction points including 'Finger 4 to 8' at the same time.
Commenting on the alleged casualties in the border faceoff, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said that he had no data on that.