The U.S. Army said on Tuesday it was is working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation to see if any attackers were current service members and with the Secret Service to see if any of the almost 10,000 National Guard troops securing Biden's inauguration would need additional screening.
With fears of pro-Trump violence on Inauguration Day, armoured vehicles are blocking intersections, there are endless spans of steel fencing, and soldiers can be seen everywhere.
Washington National Guardsmen at the Capitol in Olympia.
In addition, officials said the vetting had not flagged any issues.
Meanwhile, some militias and extremist groups told followers to stay at homes, noting the increased security or the risk that the planned events were law enforcement traps, according to a South China Morning Post report.
At least 21 states are activating National Guard troops in preparation of possible attacks this week.
The US Secret Service, which is in charge of security for the inauguration, said there was no threat to the public.
Biden plans blitz of executive actions to reverse Trump's contentious policies
Multiple officials said the process began as the first Guard troops began deploying to D.C. more than a week ago. It is expected to be complete by Wednesday. After weeks of requesting to attend Operation Warp Speed vaccine briefings, last week, Trump officials finally allowed Biden's representatives to attend, according to a person familiar with the plans. "They're being removed from the line, and we'll ask questions later". "Are there others?" said McCarthy.
The United States first implemented travel restrictions with the Schengen Area of Europe on March 11, 2020, which encompasses Western Europe except for Great Britain and Ireland.
Giuliani appeared with Trump at the rally where he called for "trial by combat".
After she and Emhoff volunteered at a food bank in Washington, Harris downplayed personal security concerns ahead of the inauguration, saying she is "very much looking forward to being sworn in".
The bulk of the Guard members will be armed.
Apple Extends 13-Inch MacBook Pro Backlight Repair Program
As per a bombshell report by Bloomberg's Mark Gurman , Apple is planning a major redesign for its Mac portfolio this year. Apple is also bringing back its MagSafe charging connector after ditching it when it introduced USB-C to MacBook's.