Man shot after firing at police outside NY church_china


A gunman opened fire from the steps of New York City's Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine just after an outdoor choir performance there on Sunday, and was himself shot and wounded by police, according to police and a Reuters photographer at the scene.

A man was shot by police after shots rang out at the end of a Christmas choral concert on the steps of a Manhattan cathedral Sunday afternoon (US time).

The moment a crazed gunman was shot to death on the steps of an NYC church was captured on camera - and the video is absolutely intense.

No one else was injured in the incident.

In a press conference, New York City Police Commissioner Dermot Shea corroborated that multiple witnesses heard the gunman yelling "kill me".

A 45-minute long concert had just finished when locals reported shots were fired. By the time the shooting had begun, the audience had either left the spot, or had moved inside the church.

Duke cancels game amid rise in COVID-19 cases
It comes just two days after an 83-68 loss to No. 6 IL , the Blue Devils' second nonconference loss in a week's time. Games that count in the ACC regular-season standings are scheduled to start next week.

In this still image from a video, a man raises his hands as he comes out of the church in NY.

The man, who was said to be in his 50s, fired two hand guns into the air before police intervened.

"I can tell you from the preliminary body camera - and again, this is quick - that we watched, you see three officers acting heroically, sergeant, detective, and police officer, engaging an armed perpetrator, putting themselves in harm's way to pull people that are literally hiding behind these poles behind me caught in the crossfire", Shea said.

"Thankfully, this year with Covid, there was a much smaller event than normal", Shea said at the scene.

Hundreds of people had been standing outside the Cathedral of St. John the Divine for a neighborhood Christmas concert.

NYPD says he was hit in the head, and later pronounced dead at a hospital.