Saudi Aramco says fuel supplies not affected by Jeddah oil facility attack

Share

There was no immediate Saudi confirmation of the claim announced on Twitter by a military spokesman of the group who warned foreign companies working in Saudi Arabia to exercise caution as "operations will continue".

The purported attack followed a meeting on Sunday between outgoing U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in the Red Sea city of Neom.

Yemen's Iran-aligned Houthi forces on Monday said they fired a missile and struck the facility. He posted a satellite image online that matched Aramco's North Jiddah Bulk Plant, where oil products are stored in tanks.

The latest strike, which underscores the vulnerability of Saudi Arabia's oil infrastructure, comes just over a year after aerial assaults on two other Aramco facilities temporarily knocked out half of the kingdom's crude production.

He described the site as a "critical facility" with total storage capacity of 5.2 million barrels. "A minute or two later the fire station crew arrived at the scene", Ghamdi said.

Premier League's statement on the return of fans to stadiums
From 12.01am, people will find themselves in a similar situation to before the national lockdown, but with some slight tweaks. Weddings and worship will also resume, while a controversial 10 p.m. curfew on hospitality will be pushed back to 11 p.m.

We were extremely pleased to hear that firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly and there were no reports of injuries or casualties.

"It was a big fire, a big explosion, but was dealt with swiftly", Ghamdi said. Charred debris, which Aramco said would be examined as part of the investigation, had been laid out on the ground. An official source at the Saudi energy ministry was later quoted by official media a saying a limited fire near a floating platform belonging to the Jazan oil products terminal had taken place but was contained with no damage.

A Saudi-led coalition has been battling the Iranian-backed Houthis since March 2015, months after the rebels seized Yemen's capital, Sanaa.

According to the expert, Yemeni missiles are advanced as air defenses and advanced radars of the Saudi coalition failed to respond to them.

Share