The cases in the Canadian largest city of Toronto make up the bulk of the new cases added.
At a separate news conference, Premier Doug Ford called the latest trends "deeply concerning", though he did not commit to any new restrictions.
Ontario's second wave of COVID-19 will be fierce, deadly, and potentially last even longer than the first, according to new modelling data released by the province. The figure surpasses the previous high of 640 from April 24.
After Monday's alarming report of 700 new COVID cases, the overnight numbers showed some improvement. "We've got to move really really quickly on these initiatives", said Donna Duncan, CEO of the Ontario Long Term Care Association.
If you think you have travelled somewhere (within or outside of Ontario) where you may have been exposed to COVID-19, call 705.522.9200 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).
"I had hoped, and our organization CanAge and others had hoped, we would see these movements far before now".
The next scenario looks at the experience of MI and contemplates what happens if the latest phase of the Ontario pandemic affects a mix of older and younger people. More than 1,830 long-term care residents have died so far as a result of COVID-19 in the province, along with eight home staff members.
Man City's Guardiola says his players are not machines as injuries mount
Aymeric Laporte and Ilkay Gundogan, meanwhile, are both yet to play this season after testing positive for coronavirus. His father, former Stoke stalwart Rory, was just as proud after seeing him mark his senior City debut with a goal.
"We know that this wave will be more complicated, more complex - it'll be worse than the first wave we faced earlier this year..."
However, in all but the best-case scenario, the researchers foresee ICU demand that exceeds the capacity required for patients undergoing scheduled surgeries.
And essential caregivers must follow all public health measures, including having a negative COVID-19 test within two weeks of a visit, passing active screening at the home, wearing a mask and additional PPE as directed, and practising frequent hand washing. New Brunswick has reached its fifth day without any new cases of COVID-19, and no additional updates were released today for Newfoundland and Labrador or Prince Edward Island.
Of the four new deaths reported on Wednesday, three involved residents in long-term care facilities.
During a special Ottawa board of health meeting last week, board member Glen Gower said he anxious about the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing when it came to testing. "We're already starting to see that happening in Ontario".
In an email to The Recorder and Times, health unit officials said Dr. Stewart said the situation at Holy Cross Catholic School in Kemptville, which remained closed due to a COVID-19 outbreak, "contributed in part to the number of people infected" Grenville County.