Ryan Newman Leaves Hospital with His Kids After NASCAR Crash


NASCAR driver Ryan Newman is walking, joking and in good spirits just two days after his horrific crash on the last lap of Monday's Daytona 500, his team said.

Wednesday, word came out that Newman has not only been conscious and alert but also walking through the halls of the Florida hospital.

Ryan Newman is fully alert and smiling with his daughters in a new photo Roush Fenway Racing released on Wednesday, February 19.

Newman, 42, was removed from his No. 6 Ford Mustang and immediately taken to the hospital after his auto went airborne on the last lap of the race, then skidded to a stop while on fire.

Ryan Newman is back on his feet after a fiery crash in his final lap at the Daytona 500. Doctors said Monday that Newman's injuries were non life-threatening.

Crystal River couple quarantined in Japan prepares to head back to US
None of those on Christmas Island or at the facility near Darwin have tested positive to the COVID-19 virus . The commission's daily bulletin also reported 142 more deaths nationwide, the vast majority in Hubei.

The auto landed on its roof, slid across Daytona International Speedway and came to a rest upside down and on fire, with gasoline pouring out of the vehicle. It took about 8 minutes for workers to roll his vehicle rightside-up, and medical personnel used black screens to block spectator views as Newman was placed in a waiting ambulance and taken to Halifax Medical Center.

Ross Chastain will fill in for Ryan Newman starting this weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

"We also want to express our honest gratitude to all of those who have offered support and taken the time to send their thoughts and prayers to Ryan, his family and everyone at Roush Fenway Racing".

It's unclear when or if Newman will return to his ride.

After two red flags and two overtimes, Denny Hamlin snuck past Ryan Blaney at the finish line to win the 'The Great American Race, ' his second straight Daytona 500 victory, and third in his career. "Had to sit there and explain to him could've happened to him or any of us in the field".