Dad strangled coyote that attacked his child, police say


About 9 a.m., police received a report from a 62-year-old woman nearby that she and her two dogs were attacked by a coyote.

O'Reilly, of Kensington, told the station that the coyote came "out of nowhere" and attacked his youngest son, but he was able to kick it away from the child before the animal could do much harm. After the coyote bit him twice while he tried fending it off, O'Reilly kicked it away and used his body weight to suffocate it while holding its snout shut, he said in an emailed statement.

Ian O'Reilly, from Kensington, choked the coyote to death after it attacked his two-year-old child.

O'Reilly's wife jumped in and rescued the child from the coyote's clutches, then Dad stepped forward and tried to shoo the animal away.

Authorities had received multiple calls regarding a violent coyote Monday morning prior to its encounter with the family, the Kensington Police Department said in a press release. The coyote remained aggressive, biting O'Reilly on his arms and chest. There was quite a bit of snow on the ground, so I shoved the face into the snow and then eventually was able [to] put my hand on its snout and expire it through suffocation. He also suggested that O'Reilly might have saved others from a particularly risky animal.

CBS Boston says the coyote will be tested for rabies, but O'Reilly already is receiving shots. "It's really just instinct".

Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United target will play in Lisbon derby on Friday
That said, things can change quickly, and that progress, or otherwise, will largely be down to Manchester United . United's bid sits at around £40m, with £15m worth of add-ons taking the proposed deal to £55m overall.

Coyote attack in the area of Wild Pasture Road & Hemlock Road.

"Ultimately one hand on its windpipe and one hand on its snout did the trick", he said.

The same coyote is likely connected to three attacks that happened relatively close together and throughout the course of an hour, Kensington Police Chief Scott Cain said Monday. Lee and her dogs received rabies shots as a precaution. This time, the animal was said to have opened a woman's sliding glass door and gotten inside her enclosed porch.

He ended up with a couple of coyote bites, but was ultimately victorious in a life-or-death struggle as he strangled the possibly rabid animal.

Law enforcement officials were searching for the coyote when they got word that it had been killed.