Man arrested in connection with disappearance of UFC fighter’s stepdaughter


Blanchard is a native of Homewood and a student at Southern Union State Community College in Lee County. Her auto was later found abandoned in Montgomery, more than 50 miles (90 kilometers) away.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the Auburn Police Division Detective Section at 334-501-3140, Central Alabama Crime Stoppers at 334-215-STOP, or the 24-hour non-emergency number at 334-501-3100.

Investigators initially said they didn't believe Blanchard was the victim of foul play, but evidence has since been recovered from her vehicle indicating that she was harmed, police said late last month.

Alabama State Bureau of Investigation Capt. Joe Herman told WSFA-TV that Yazeed was out on bail at the time of Blanchard's disappearance.

In Florida, officers were called by USA marshals to help them with the arrest alongside the Pine Forest exit on Interstate 10, Escambia Sheriff's Major Andrew Hobbs said. Yazeed is now out on bond for the charges of Kidnapping and Attempted Murder from another jurisdiction; he should be considered risky and potentially armed. Yazeed left the scene in an ambulance. The man was identified Thursday as Yazeed. His jail booking photo shows him with a swollen left eye, but no further details were released about his apparent injuries.

Facebook launches new company logo
Fb on Monday unveiled a brand new emblem to characterize the Silicon Valley firm, distinct from its core social community. On WhatsApp , this " From Facebook " logo will have a green colour - again following the colour scheme of the app.

Deputy U.S. Marshal Dante Gordon confirmed the arrest but offered no information on whether authorities had found Blanchard.

Yazeed was reportedly wearing all black at the time and seemed to grow more and more concerned by the increasing law enforcement presence. Days later on October 31, police confirmed evidence found inside the vehicle indicated she had been harmed.

Yazeed was driving along an interstate highway from Alabama into Florida and tried to flee the officers attempting to arrest him.

Yazeed's mother wrote the judge handling that case, saying "he felt afraid and didn't know how to handle or control the vehicle due to so many fired gunshots towards the vehicle". She is always in contact with her family, he says, so when her brother couldn't reach her the next day, the family called police.

Yazeed spent months in the county jail before a grand jury determined there was insufficient evidence to prosecute. He said it would alleviate jail overcrowding and "and save taxpayers a lot of money".