Grandfather's horror as toddler fatally plunges from cruise ship in Puerto Rico


The 1-year-old daughter of an IN police officer died on Sunday after falling from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship docked IN Puerto Rico, officials said.

Details on how she fell are still under investigation, authorities said.

Royal Caribbean Cruises called the incident "tragic", and said it is providing the family with assistance.

Roman said: "It has not been possible to interview the family".

The girl was rushed to a nearby hospital but was pronounced dead shortly after. The child's maternal grandfather, Salvatore Anello from Valparaiso, Ind., is being investigated, he said.

Royal Caribbean hasn't yet responded to media requests for comment. "I looked when I heard the mother's cry".

Africa Cup of Nations: Mohamed Salah a doubt for hosts Egypt
Many believe that this side is nowhere near the quality of that won three successive tournaments between 2006 and 2010. If we can do that and the crowd become a little bit impatient, the players will feel that on the field.

"We've been in contact with the crew member's family throughout our search efforts and know this is a very hard time for them", said Michael Mullen, search and rescue mission coordinator with the Coast Guard, reported Florida Today.

"It's a very grave scene, very regrettable and tragic", said Elmer Roman, of the Puerto Rican Department of Public Security.

Chief Ruszkowski told WSBT that the girl was not held out of a window, as some news agencies have reported. That tonality, a scream of pain of that nature.

The girl reportedly slipped from her grandfather's arms and fell 150 feet before hitting the concrete below. "We do not have further information to share at this point".

Authorities said the girl was traveling with her parents, two siblings and two sets of grandparents aboard the Freedom of the Seas, which which had not yet departed San Juan's Panamerica dock for its first stop in St. Maarten.

The captain of the ship shared his condolences over the speaker on the ship and announced that the departure of the cruise would be delayed.