Body found at Iowa supermarket identified as man missing 10 years


Larry Ely Murillo-Moncada, 25, was working at No Frills Supermarket in Council Bluffs, Iowa, in the United States when he disappeared on November 28, 2009.

Police say the Council Bluffs man fell into an approximately 18-inch gap between the back of a cooler and a wall at No Frills Supermarket where he was working.

Former employees said it was not uncommon for workers to enter the back end of the store when they were not rostered on for shifts.

Larry Murillo-Moncada, 25, was reported missing on November 28, 2009, after he became delusional and ran away barefoot from his parents' home, The Daily Nonpareil local newspaper reported at the time. Forensic investigators later tested the remains and determined that they belonged to Murillo-Moncada.

The body was discovered January 24 as contractors were removing freezer units from the former grocery store, which had been shuttered for three years when the gruesome discovery was made.

World's 50 Most Valued Sports Franchises for 2019 Released by Forbes
Each year, Forbes publishes its list of the most valuable franchises in sports, and this year was no different. The Dallas Cowboys are No. 1 overall for both the National Football League and general sports lists.

A man's body was found wedged behind a cooler in a vacant grocery store where he used to work, 10 years after he first disappeared.

Larry Ely Murillo‐Moncada, 25, was first reported missing on November 28, 2009. He was not dressed for the weather and did not have keys or a vehicle, Danielson said. She took him to a doctor who prescribed an anti-depressant but she said her son continued to be disoriented and told her he was hearing voices. She said he started having hallucinations and began thinking "somebody was following him, and he was scared".

Murillo-Moncada's parents helped the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation Criminalistics Laboratory positively identify the missing man by providing a sample of their DNA, according to KETV. "It's so loud, there's probably no way anyone heard him".

The case is being closed and classified as an accidental death. He was never seen alive again.

An autopsy indicated that there were no signs of trauma, police said.