Yoga instructor who vanished weeks ago after hike found alive in forest


A Hawaii woman with ties to St. Petersburg has been found alive in a forest on Maui island after going missing more than two weeks ago.

Amanda Eller was found injured in the Makawao Forest Reserve, the Maui News reported on Friday.

In a happy press conference, her father, John Eller, said he is thrilled Amanda was found alive.

Since Amanda was found, any remaining funds will be used to install wildlife cameras at strategic locations around the Makawao Forrest Reserve trails and other popular recreational areas in Maui to have a record of hikers and runners locations through the potentially risky areas, and significantly reduce search areas and rescue times for missing persons. He and others recently said they believed she was lost in the forest, and possibly injured.

Hundreds of volunteers have searched for her since.

"She was very alert, she knew her father's phone number, she knew who she was, where she was, knew exactly how long she had been out there - very surprised to see us", Berquist said.

Cantellops posted photos and videos of the search effort, gliding over canopies in a forest thick with creeks, ravines and brush that complicated search efforts. "They found her in a deep ravine, basically unable to get out, as I understand it", he said.

Jubilant videos posted to Cantellops' personal Facebook page appear to confirm his role in the rescue, and he's believed to have taken the first photo of Amanda on Friday that was posted to social media, confirming that she was still alive. "I never gave up hope".

Judge rejects Trump request to halt congressional subpoenas
It was the second time this week that a judge had ruled against the Republican president in his fight with Democrats. District Judge Edgardo Ramos , who was also appointed by Obama, is overseeing the NY case.

Amanda Eller, 35, went missing in Maui, Hawaii, when going on a hike Thursday, May 9, 2019.

"I think she took a good fall".

Amanda Eller (second from left) with her rescuers, including Javier Cantellops (left).

Okamoto said that police were interviewing Eller and documenting her injuries, and that the case "is considered closed".

"I was crying tears of joy", Eller's mother told KHON.

About 60 people were searching the area after Eller's disappearance, NBC reported.

Haynes said her friend had been living on water and plants.

"I felt in my heart she was alive. I'd really like to stop spending my evenings alone and have my love back", he said at the time. We found her guys! "The moment that she did not arrive home at night I knew something was wrong".