But both she and doctors were left gobsmacked after the live insects were discovered in her tear duct.
Assuming that sand or dirt had gotten into her eye, she said that she cleaned her eye with water at the time.
Doctors at Taiwan's Fooyin University Hospital were shocked at what they found to be the cause of the woman's eye inflammation: Bees. One by one, Professor Hung Chi-ting said he removed the insects, which were still alive, from her eye.
That's what a 29-year-old Taiwanese woman experienced last week after she began suffering from severe eye pain and found four bees under her eyelid feeding on her tear ducts, according to local outlet CTS News. If she had, it could have worsened her inflamed cornea or potentially led to blindness, Apple Daily Taiwan and other media outlets reported. "They were four sweat bees..."
The insects are known as sweat bees because they land on people so they can drink beads of perspiration.
Chinese woman arrested at Trump's Florida resort to remain in custody
But he said there is "no allegation that she is involved in any espionage". "She tells lies to everyone she encounters", he said. The incident has amplified concerns that the Florida resort where Trump and his advisers spend so much time is hard to secure.
The bees, commonly known as sweat bees, come from the large bee family of Halictidae and are commonly found in North America.
There are 1,000 different sweat bee species in Canada and the U.S.
He's eyesight and the bees' lives were said to be saved by the fact that she didn't rub her eyes, which is pretty incredible if you imagine how uncomfortable she must have been. They are not usually aggressive and sting only if touched. "If she did she could have induced the bees to produce venom ... she could have gone blind".
Doctors said if the woman had waited much longer to come in, they might have had to remove her eyeball.
She is now on her way to making a full recovery and will likely be wearing goggles at the next visit to her relative's grave, per Dr.