Child attack suspect had previous Mall of America arrests


Police said a 24-year-old man was in custody after a 5-year-old boy plummeted three floors Friday.

The man took off running after the incident, but was taken into custody at the mall and is being questioned by investigators at the Bloomington Police Department, Potts said.

Aranda was arrested following the 10 a.m. incident that left the victim with life-threatening injuries. It did not appear the suspect had any connection to the boy or his family.

The Bloomington Police Chief did not release the age of the child.

"She was screaming 'Everyone pray, everyone pray, '" shopper Brian Johnson told CBS. The child had fallen from the third level to the first. Potts said he didn't know whether the victim's family is from Minnesota or visiting from elsewhere.

Nissan's Ghosn removed from board
Shareholders also approved the appointment of French partner Renault SA's chairman Jean-Dominique Senard to replace Ghosn. The vote severs the company's ties with Mr Ghosn, who was credited with saving it from bankruptcy two decades ago.

According to court records, Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda was arrested on July 4, 2015, after police said he matched the description of a man throwing things off the upper level of the mall to the lower level.

"Oh my God, my baby, someone threw him over the edge'". "Our thoughts and prayers are obviously with that child and his family in hopes that that child is able to recover".

The boy was critically injured and is being treated at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis, Bloomington Police Chief Jeff Potts said during an afternoon news conference April 12. "As the Bloomington Police Department continues to investigate how and why this isolated incident happened, we will provide our full cooperation". Police said they are unaware of a possible motive. Officers gave first aid but the 5-year-old child suffered "significant injuries" and had been taken to a hospital, Potts said.

Potts said police are looking at security video from inside the mall to gather more information. Police didn't immediately respond to a message seeking details about the incident.