Colorado police arrest fiance of woman who disappeared


Patrick Frazee, the fiancé of Kelsey Berreth was charged Friday morning with first-degree murder and with solicitation for first-degree murder, in connection with her death, according to Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young.

Frazee was being held at the Teller County Jail.

Still, as authorities continue to search for a body, "it's hard to accept" that Berreth actually is dead, says Garretson.

Kelsey Berreth, 29, was last seen in a grocery store near her home in Woodland Park, about 15 miles (24 kilometers) from Florissant.

Surveillance video showed Berreth entering the store with what appeared to be her 1-year-old daughter in a baby carrier. May said the CBI is still processing things at Berreth's house.

Police have said Frazee was the last person to see Berreth alive.

"I understand why they can't provide them", says JoDee Garretson, 50, a first cousin to Berreth's mother, Cheryl, who first reported her daughter missing on December 2, 10 days after she disappeared.

Frazee, who did not live with Kelsey, told police that he last saw his fiancée on that same Thanksgiving Day when they met up so he could take their daughter in an exchange. At that time, they said they had not ruled out Frazee as a suspect. At approximately 8 p.m. investigators sealed the door to Berreth's home and left the scene.

A week after that, she was reported missing.

Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda Condense 22 Musicals Into 1
Then came Hairspray , Dreamgirls , my personal favorite, Annie , Fiddler on the Roof , Into the Woods , and Little Shop of Horrors .

Berreth was reported missing by her mother December 2.

Family and friends started a Facebook page to spread and gather further information on her whereabouts.

On Thursday evening, investigators from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the Woodland Park Police Department and the FBI returned to Berreth's home once again to look for new leads into her disappearance.

Cheryl Berreth told NBC News that her daughter's relationship with Frazee had been good and loving. "She's reliable, considerate, and honest".

Berreth's employer told police they received a text from her phone November 25 indicating she planned to take the following week off. Frazee told police he received a text from Berreth's phone that same day as well.

"This has been a methodical and time consuming multi-state operation with investigators working almost around the clock to find Kelsey".

The arrest came after the investigation of cell phone records and data, in addition to searches of Berreth's home, officials said.

De Young declined to say then what investigators were looking for or what prompted them to search that location.

Frazee runs a cattle ranch, and prices for the industry have been poor, delaying their plans to find a house and move in together, Cheryl Berreth said.