Pakistani mastermind behind Sunjwan attack killed in the Valley: Army


The officials said that gunfight erupted during an operation launched jointly by the Army's 50 Rashtriya Rifles, the J&K police's counterinsurgency Special Operations Group (SOG) and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) at Hatwar outside the highway town of Awantipore and about 35 kilometers south of summer capital Srinagar.

In a major success, the Indian Army gunned down the mastermind of Sunjuwan terror attack in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir's Awantipur area on Monday.

He also added that "weapons and incriminating materials like: IED (improvised explosive device) preparation documents were recovered from him. He is a foreign terrorist", SP Pani, IG Kashmir, told ANI.

Five soldiers and a civilian were killed and 10 people injured in the February 10 attack on the Sunjuwan army camp, counted as one of the worst since the 2016 Uri attack, in which 19 soldiers were killed. Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist was at the top of the list, who has triggered many terrorist activities.

Sources said it was Mufti's second tenure in Kashmir.

Waqas was constantly in touch with his Pakistani handlers on the day when the Army camp was hit by the terrorists, they said.

David Moyes 'embarrassed' by West Ham United performance
The Portuguese has transformed his side since taking over from Paul Clement, winning 17 points from nine league games in charge. Then came the injury to Reid that left the Hammers with a makeshift defence, four regular full-backs across the line.

Waqas, a category "A plus plus" militant, was behind the Sunjwan and the Lethpora attacks in Jammu and Kashmir.

There have been no Civilian casualties or Collateral Damage, he addead.

Waqas's killing has dented the designs of the JeM as it comes after the elimination of the terror group's operational commander Noor Mohd Tantrey in the same area on December 17.

The encounter of Waqas is a major milestone in the anti-terror operations being carried out by the Indian security forces. Among the three terrorists killed in the Lethpora attack on 31 December was a 16-year-old, son of a policeman who had joined the Jaish just a few months earlier.

Waqas was also responsible for radicalisng local boys Fardeen Khandey and Manzoor Baba who had carried out a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in South Kashmir's Lethpora on the intervening night of December 30 and December 31 previous year.