Girl in 'Slenderman' stabbing is given 40 years in psychiatric care


The court order comes nearly two months after Geyser's friend, Anissa Weier, was sentenced to 25 years in a mental hospital. While she may periodically petition for release from the hospital in the future, she will be under institutional supervision for that time.

Geyser apologized in court, breaking down in tears.

"I never meant this to happen", she said while crying and clearly distraught.

Morgan's mom Angie said she was aware of her interest in#Slender Man and even talked about him with her. Angie said that the stuff they read was dark material but that she was reading Stephen King books at her age, so she wasn't anxious.

Anthony D Cotton, a lawyer for Geyser, said in a phone interview on Thursday that the sentence was expected.

In December, Weier was sentenced to 25 years in a mental hospital. Weier will have to spend at least three years inside Winnebago Mental Health Institute before there is any chance of her being discharged. The girls reportedly told police that, where they'd live with the fictional creature and his servants in his mansion.

Amazon, Buffet and JPMorgan healthcare plans send United States insurers into a tailspin
But Dimon said: "Our goal is to create solutions that benefit our US employees , their families and, potentially, all Americans ". There still aren't any details available on how the new company will be structured and how it would work among the three giants.

Geyser's family supports all treatment, Andrews said, and visits her two or three times a week. The girl, Morgan Geyser (15) pleaded guilty past year to attempted first-degree intentional homicide as part of a deal in which prosecutors agreed not to seek prison time.

On Thursday, 1 February, Geyser received the maximum possible sentence that prosecutors had sought as they believe she is a risk to herself and the society.

After a sleepover with their classmate and friend, Weier and Geyser lured her into the woods and stabbed her 19 times with a kitchen knife, according to a criminal complaint. Leutner was left to die; however, she survived and crawled out. He said she was depressed and psychotic.

Both girls were charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide but found not responsible for their actions due to mental illness. Leutner was raced to the hospital, where the surgeon who operated on her told ABC News' David Muir the knife had almost penetrated her heart, missing it by less than a millimetre.

"As long as she takes her medication and follows her orders, she's certainly well enough to be in a less restrictive setting than inpatient commitment", he said. Lundbohm says Geyser is still a danger to herself and others, and has reported hearing voices as recently as September.

"I believe at the present time she is no more unsafe than any adolescent her age", said Dr. Kenneth Robbins.