Footage Released Showing Errol Spence's Horrific Crash That Ejected Him From Car

Share

Errol Spence Jr., the undefeated welterweight champion, is recovering from injuries suffered in a horrific vehicle crash early Tuesday, according to a spokesman for Premier Boxing Champions.

Authorities have not officially released the identity of the driver but said it was a "high-profile" 29-year-old black male, which matches Spence's description.

Spence Jr's injuries are "not life threatening", said Tim Smith of promoter Premier Boxing Champions. We will have further updates as the doctors update his condition.

We wish Spencer a full and speedy recovery following the terrifying incident.

In September, Spence defeated Shawn Porter on a split decision in an enthralling bout to add the WBC welterweight belt to his IBF strap.

Errol Spence Jr., who grew up in DeSoto, Texas, is also an Olympian.

UK, Irish PMs to Meet Today For Brexit Talks
Earlier in the day the EU Commission spokesperson tweeted that emotions are running high, but that the EU wants a deal. On Wednesday, Mr Barnier told the European Parliament there was still no basis for a fresh agreement.

Police said the driver, the only person in the auto, had not been wearing a seatbelt. Errol was reportedly not wearing a seatbelt.

The 29-year-old who was born in Long Island, New York, is a welterweight champion. "The cause of the accident is undetermined at this time".

Spence Jr made a name for himself in England in 2017 after claiming a technical knockout win over Kell Brook to become IBF champion. "You still have a lot of life to live after that".

'With that, I'm praying for @ErrolSpenceJr & his family because he has a lot of life to live and I pray he recovers quickly & fully'.

A champion boxer is recovering in a Dallas hospital, after surviving an absolutely horrific auto crash.

Share