Kevin Spacey Sexual Assault Accuser Drops Civil Suit

Share

A young man who accused Kevin Spacey of a sexual assault in a MA bar has dropped his lawsuit against the award-winning actor, ahead of a new court hearing that could prove delicate for the accuser. Reason for the dismissal was not provided by Garabedian or in the court filing, and the lawyer told the outlet he would have no further comment on the matter.

An email was left Friday requesting comment from Alan Jackson, Spacey's lawyer.

Spacey has pleaded not guilty to the criminal charge, the first the actor has faced despite years of accusations.

The two-time Oscar victor pleaded not guilty to one count of felony indecent assault and battery at a hearing in January.

Spacey was accused of sexual misconduct by over a dozen men in 2017, including Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp who said Spacey made sexual advances toward him when he was 14 years old.

According to the court filing, the suit was dismissed "with prejudice", which means it can not be refiled.

Читайте также: Looney re-signs with Warriors for three years, $15M

It's also possible prosecutors, upset with the timing of the civil suit, specifically asked the accuser to drop it, said David Yannetti, a former prosecutor who is now a criminal defense lawyer in Boston.

The lawsuit was filed against the actor in the Nantucket courthouse last month.

"Maybe the prosecution said it's either about money or it's about a crime, but it can't be about both and you have to make a decision on where you want to go with this", Yannetti said. Garabedian did not share if a settlement was reached between his client and the actor.

The lawsuit, filed last week, stemmed from allegations that Spacey, whose birth name is Kevin Fowler, sexually assaulted the young man in a Nantucket bar in the summer of 2016.

She accused Mr Spacey of buying her then 18-year-old son alcohol - the drinking age in MA is 21 - and then groping him.

If the phone is not located by Monday, the District Court judge has said he will call on Little to testify about it. The judge has ordered the accuser, his parents and Garabedian to attend a hearing on Monday if it can not be found.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Share