Real Madrid sign Eden Hazard

Share

"Real Madrid and Chelsea have agreed the transfer for the player Eden Hazard", the Spanish club said.

Hazard grew up with posters of Zinedine Zidane on his bedroom wall, and now the 28-year-old will work under the Madrid boss.

"He is among the best five [players] in the world", he added.

The same article states that Chelsea FC and Real Madrid finally settled on a fee on Wednesday night following lengthy negotiations between the two clubs.

Jugones', a Spanish TV programme which has been following all Real Madrid signings closely, has informed that the signing of the Belgian star is going to be made official in the next couple hours.

The Belgium worldwide joins Los Blancos on a five-year-deal after spending seven seasons at Stamford Bridge, scoring 110 goals in 352 games and winning six major honours. He has been voted Chelsea Player of the Year on a record four occasions.

Real Madrid finished third in La Liga last season and failed to reach the finals of the Champions League and Copa del Rey.

Lord Digby Jones: Corbyn 'disgraceful and embarrassing' over anti-Trump speech
Trump was asked a question about the opposition Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn, who was addressing protesters outside . Trump calls the protests against him " fake news ". "Perhaps you won't be given the credit you deserve", Trump told May.

'The memories he leaves us with will not fade.

Chelsea are thought to be demanding a fee in excess of £100m for Hazard, a figure Real are so far refusing to match for a player who will be available on a free transfer next summer. "We look forward to welcoming him back to Stamford Bridge in the future".

The Belgian will leave west London after seven hugely successful years at the club, winning the Premier League twice, one FA Cup and two Europa League titles.

Childhood friend and Belgium team-mate Christian Benteke revealed this week that Hazard told him when he was 12 that his chief ambition was to play for Real.

Meanwhile at Stamford Bridge, Hazard is expected to be followed out of the exit door by manager Maurizio Sarri, who has been holding talks with Juventus.

They are now banned from transfers for two windows by Federation Internationale de Football Association and have to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to try and overturn the sanction.

Share