New Jersey Man Is Ninth Person To Mysteriously Die In Dominican Republic

Share

As numerous fatalities have been of similar nature, family members and friends of the victims have called for a deeper investigation into the deaths. Wallace's family members claim he became ill after downing a scotch from his room's minibar. "I thought something's not right". Some of the victims are said to have consumed alcohol before falling ill. By early Friday morning, he began vomiting and was unresponsive, according to the station. In that case, a man and his two sons experienced paralysis and were hospitalized for an extended period after they were sickened by methyl bromide, which was banned for indoor residential use in 1984 but had been used to treat the condo where they were staying.

"He made it through surgery and he died about eight hours later", Brown told the station.

"Those tests tell you a person's cause of death and any past medical conditions", said Carlos Suero, the spokesman. Global Affairs Canada has issued a similar warning due to the high crime rate and a travel notice because of the Zika virus.

Patrick and Thelma Norman, vacationers heading to New Orleans, said they've been monitoring the situation in the Dominican Republic. US citizens have been the targets of "date rape drugs" at parties and resorts, according to the warning.

Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garcia said earlier this month: "In the last five years, over 30 million tourists have visited the Dominican Republic, but this is the first time the worldwide media report such an alarming situation".

Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garcia said in a statement to CNN that the country is safe for travel. Here's everything we know about the nine people who have died - and what the hotels and their relatives have said.

AMResorts, which operates Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Joseph is the ninth relatively healthy person to die under unusual circumstances in the Dominican Republic in the past year.

Читайте также: Raptors players discuss Kawhi Leonard’s free agency

October, 2018: Awilda Montes, 43, of NY, claims she drank a bottle of soda from the minibar at the Grand Bahia Principe Resort in La Romana that 'turned out to be bleach.' She survived but suffered chemical burns. ForwardKeys, a flight-data analysis firm, says cancellations have jumped 45 percent since the beginning of this month for flights next month and in August. They were staying at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.

A group of high school graduates from Oklahoma fell victim to a string of mysterious illnesses in the Dominican Republic. Three Americans - a couple from Maryland and a woman from Pennsylvania - died within a few days of each other last month at nearby hotels in the same resort. Shortly afterward, she collapsed and died. Her death certificate mentioned pulmonary edema and cardiac abnormalities, according to Fox News, while the cause of death was ruled a heart attack. "[They] didn't do any testing, they just automatically gave them medicine for parasites", Flowers said. Holmes was listed as having an enlarged heart and cirrhosis of the liver.

"In the 25 years I've been alive, my mother did not have a heart attack", he said, adding that others in the family said the Sanchez Cardenas characterization of Leyla Cox's health were untrue.

Still, Cox is afraid he's "never going to find answers".

Meanwhile, Rycroft's rep tells ET, "She got an upset stomach on the second day of vacation, but it passed".

55-year-old Joseph Allen was found dead in his room at the Terra Linda Resort in Sosua, where he was celebrating his friend's birthday.

Friends told Reed that Allen "complained about being hot at the pool". Officials in the island nation have said the deaths are "unrelated and isolated", but that hasn't stopped many people from wondering if the Dominican Republic is still safe to visit.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Share