Following the horrendous massacre, a 28-year-old Australian man, Brenton Tarrant, has been charged with murder.
He has been charged with murder and sent to custody without plea until April 5, when he will be produced before the high court for a hearing, reported NZ Herald.
He said Saturday that the six confirmed dead include 48-year-old Naeem Rashid and his 21-year-old son, Talha Naeem. Two victims died later while hospitalized.
The attack, apparently broadcast live for a time on social media, is the deadliest mass killing in New Zealand since 1943.
Officials say forty-one people died at the Al Noor Mosque, and seven were killed at the Linwood Mosque, a 10-minute drive away.
"It's outrageous, the feeling is outrageous", he said.
The victims of Friday's shooting included immigrants from Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Indonesia, and Malaysia. He said he and others escaped by breaking through a glass door.
The weapons also appeared to have been modified, Ardern told reporters in Christchurch on Saturday. Because we represent diversity, kindness, compassion, a home for those who share our values, refuge for those who need it, and those values, I can assure you, will not and cannot be shaken by this attack. "Our hearts are breaking for your loss", read one of the notes marked with a string of x-kisses.
Speaking to media in Wellington earlier, Ardern stressed that "now was the time for change". The alleged gunman obtained a gun license in November 2017.
Two semi-automatic weapons, two shotguns and lever-action gun were used in the attacks. Police also defused explosive devices in a auto.
Australian Man Appears In Court On Murder Charge After Christchurch Attack
The suspect documented his radicalisation and two years of preparations in a lengthy, meandering and conspiracy filled far-right "manifesto".
Members of the Bangladesh team narrowly avoided being caught up in the shooting at the Al Noor mosque when they arrived for Friday prayers.
"New Zealand is united in grief", she said.
Another victim of the Christchurch mosque attacks tried to wrestle the gunman's weapon off him in a desperate bid to save others, it has emerged.
"This is always the biggest fixture on our match calendar and one which our fans look forward to", said Clark, who would have been expecting a crowd of some 20,000.
Tributes to the victims poured in from around the world.
US President Donald Trump, who condemned the attack as a "horrible massacre", was praised by the accused gunman in a manifesto posted online as "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".
Authorities in both Australia and New Zealand have been asked to review why the suspect was not listed on any counter-terrorism watchlist, despite reportedly planning the attack for several years.
The attack has prompted searching questions about whether right-wing extremism has been treated with enough seriousness by Western governments.
"As soon as New Zealanders hear that someone was legally able to acquire, as I'm advised, those weapons and carry out this event, that will raise enormous questions with our gun laws, and that is why we will respond swiftly", Ardern said of the situation at her press conference.
Tiger Woods Works With Putting Coach At Players
Dustin Johnson is among those who look forward to the move to March, even though he has only played this event in May. It flared up again at the Genesis Open last month, and then got worse in Mexico City the following week.