Although neither Markle nor British taxpayers footed the bill, The Times led the critically-toned coverage, headlining its article on Friday: "Meghan's extravagant NY baby shower provokes flood of indignation". An insider previously said: "Meghan wanted to share her special time with those friends who have been with her through thick and thin".
And he added that there could be problems ahead because the new Duchess of Sussex seems unable to understand the difference between royalty and celebrity.
The baby shower - held in the penthouse suite of the hugely expensive The Mark hotel in Manhattan, New York - reportedly cost $300k (around R4.2m), while the guest list included many A-listers.
The facility provides free lodging to cancer patients traveling to NY for treatment.
She added: "Can you be a self-identifying worldwide humanitarian and have a 300,000-plus pounds baby shower held for your already fabulously privileged unborn child?" Turns out, baby showers just aren't a tradition across the pond.
Press arrangements were in place to document the 37-year-old's moves, which coincidentally came after several friends spoke to a magazine to defend the Duchess against attacks from her father. She concluded her post by writing that she and Jay "bow down to one of our Melanated Monas", a.k.a. Meghan, OMG.
The security source continued: "Those responsible with protecting the royals on foreign visits have sought strong assurances security will be bolstered during the couple's trip".Читайте также: R. Kelly charged in Cook County with aggravated criminal sexual abuse
Other important moments over the last 12 months include Meghan's first solo royal engagement, her pregnancy, Meghan and Harry's first royal tour as a married couple, as well as royal events such as the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank.
Markle had another high-profile defender this week: Beyonce.
"I thought that was a very sweet thing, it just speaks to who she is, she's very kind, she's very generous and a really, really sweet person", Gayle said.
Harry and Meghan leaving their 16-day royal tour of Sydney in October 2018.
Meghan is expected to take part in a Henna ceremony and the couple will then watch a secondary school football match.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог