Foreign Minister Anders Samuelsen said Iran's attempted assassination on Danish soil was "completely unacceptable".
The alleged Iranian intelligence plot in Denmark threatens to add to tensions between Iran and Europe at a time the two sides are seeking to save the Iran nuclear deal following the USA exit from the pact earlier this year.
"We want to preserve the nuclear agreement", Lokke Rasmussen said, referring to how possible sanctions would approach the 2015 worldwide accord on Iran's nuclear programme.
The Ministry of foreign Affairs of Iran has not yet given comment: on Tuesday, the country's state holiday.
The man, a Norwegian citizen of Iranian origin, was arrested in Gothenburg on October 21 as part of a joint operation mounted together with the Danish and Norwegian intelligence services.
"I have chose to recall Denmark's ambassador in Tehran for consultations". "This is an extremely serious case and we must react sharply and precisely", Samuelsen said.
This article has been adapted from its original source.Читайте также: Nine dead and one missing after storms batter Italy
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi said on Tuesday that the publication of such "spiteful" media reports and its attribution to Iran is a plot by enemies to affect Tehran's growing relations with European countries.
But ASMLA condemned the attack and said it is not involved.
Meanwhile, Danish Foreign Minister Anders Samuelsen called the suspected planned attacks in Denmark "perfectly unacceptable". At the same time, Samuelsen said that Denmark doesn't want the European Union to withdraw from nuclear deal, a pact which is "in our best interests" and yet it wasn't clear how it could co-exist with a new round of European Union sanctions against Tehran.
Iran, meanwhile, has rejected the notion that it planned the assassination of any Iranians living in Denmark.
The development came after Denmark's intelligence agency said on Tuesday that a police operation last month that briefly cut off Copenhagen from the rest of Denmark stemmed from an alleged Iranian plot to kill an opposition activist.
During the televised press conference, the head of the intelligence service also noted that Iran earlier had been active against opposition groups overseas.
Another Arab opposition group, the Ahwaz National Resistance, and Islamic State both claimed responsibility for the parade attack, though neither has provided conclusive evidence to back up their claims. Taking the initiative, Iran accused the three countries of harboring Iranian opposition groups.
"For almost 40 years, Europe has been the target of #Iran-sponsored terrorist attacks". The situation has set off a diplomatic crisis between Denmark and Iran. He singled out a foiled bombing attack that targeted a rally organized by an Iranian opposition group near Paris in June.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог