President Donald Trump said Sunday he has instructed his Commerce Department to help get a Chinese telecommunications company "back into business" after the United States government cut off access to its American suppliers.
The company said Sunday it had submitted a request to the U.S. commerce department for a stay of the export ban, along with supplemental information.
US President Donald Trump said Sunday he was working with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping to prevent telecom giant ZTE from going out of business after it was hit by an American technology sales ban.
The ban is the result of ZTE's failure to comply with that agreement, the Commerce Department said.
And the Federal Communications Commission recently moved toward prohibiting U.S. Internet providers that receive federal funds from spending them on equipment made by companies such as Huawei, another major Chinese telecom player. "Major operating activities of the company have ceased", ZTE said in a filing Wednesday. "Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!"Читайте также: Europe Moves to Save Its Interests in Iran after US Withdrawal
U.S. officials imposed the seven-year ban last month after ZTE allegedly made false statements regarding its settlement of a case involving the illegal sale of goods to Iran and North Korea.
Companies in the U.S. are estimated to provide up to 30% of the components used in ZTE's products, which includes smartphones and complex equipment for telecommunications networks.
The firm suspended operations earlier this month after United States authorities banned American companies from supplying to it.
Ordering a denial may have been the Commerce Department's idea of playing hardball to force compliance.
Chinese smartphone maker ZTE might have found a savior, and it's the last person you'd expect.
"ZTE made false statements to the U.S. Government when they were originally caught and put on the Entity List, made false statements during the reprieve it was given, and made false statements again during its probation".
For instance, MTN, a South Africa-based wireless carrier with 220 million customers throughout Africa and the Middle East, said the possibility ZTE would collapse forced the carrier to develop contingency plans.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог