Nicole Eggert Files LAPD Report Against Scott Baio

Share

Eggert reportedly decides to move forward with her allegations against Baio and officially filed a police report.

"Yesterday Nicole Eggert and I met with two police detectives from the sexual assault unit at my law firm", celeb attorney Bloom told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement on Wednesday (February 7th).

A rep for Baio told TMZ: "We've been demanding since previous year that Nicole Eggert bring her story to the authorities". Many have reached out to Nicole and me to say that they witnessed inappropriate behaviour from Scott Baio when Nicole was underage.

"We appreciate the Los Angeles police detectives' interest in this case", Bloom's statement continued, "and we will fully cooperate with their investigation".

"If anyone else has information about this matter please contact us".

David Weintraub, Eggert's longtime manager of 15 years, added that Eggert walked away feeling positive after the conversation she had with the detectives.

The actress, known for her role in the '80s sitcom "Charles in Charge", has spoken out about the alleged abuse she suffered at the hands of Baio, and on Tuesday, she filed a police report with the Los Angeles Police Department, according to TMZ.

EPL: Alexis Sanchez scores as Manchester United beat Huddersfield
The painful defeat for United realistically ends any lingering hopes they may have harboured of catching runaway leaders City .

She also claimed that Baio threatened her to keep her quiet, saying that the show would be canceled if she told anyone about the assault.

"My reputation is being damaged, my family is being put through this, and I'm done", Baio added. "Given her constantly changing story and continuous search for publicity, we look forward to their investigation".

Defending the allegations, Baio pointed to a 2013 audio interview Eggert did with a website The Dirty in which she had laughed about their relationship. "The most important thing is that people are standing by her".

Eggert elaborated on her allegations in a January 30 interview with Megyn Kelly, claiming the abuse started when she was 14 when she was visiting his home and he digitally penetrated her.

"I witnessed Scott Baio acting inappropriately towards Nicole Eggert during my first year of working on the show", Polinsky wrote. Baio swiftly denied her claims, posting a 16-minute Facebook Live video where he claimed that they first had sex when she was at least 18.

Speaking on television last week Eggert said she had not aired the allegations previously because she was ashamed, and that she had been emboldened to speak up in the wake of the #MeToo movement.

Share